Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dendrobium bigibbum compactum (Hybrid)



Family: Orchidaceae •
Genus: Dendrobium •
Species: bigibbum compactum (Hybrid) •
Country of Origin: N/A •
Common Names: •

My Mom got me this to cheer me up after a bad break up with a lady friend. Look at how this little beauty is growing out of a snail shell. It put a smile on my face!
This could be Dendrobium bigibbum compactum or a hybrid. I'm not 100% positive though. I could use some solid Id help! Could it be this one Dendrobium bigibbum 'Splash' x 'Alba Pink Lip' seen here www.orchidsonline.com.au/node/1099 or this one Dendrobium bigibbum var. alba x Chao Praya White xx Autumn Carnival seen here www.orchidsonline.com.au/node/928? Or some other hybrid?

Creative Commons License
Dendrobium bigibbum compactum (Hybrid) by Eric Bronson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.flickr.com

1 comments:

chey said...

That would put a smile on my face as well:).